The Magazine For Those Of Us Who Won't Just Lay Down And Die!

With ingenuity, with preparation, with creativity, with determination, with inventiveness, and with faith, we will overcome!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

How to Build a Permaculture Vegetable Garden

Here’s a great idea that looks like it could produce quite a bit of food over a very long time with minimal investment, or even possibly NO investment.  I might build some of these on my land here in Cincinnati and see how they do.  Australians have been going hard after this since around 1978, when Bill Mollison and David Holmgren came up with the system and ideas that are now the bedrock of permaculture.  I’ve written several times about permaculture on this blog and elsewhere, and am starting to work the ideas into our life here in Cincinnati.

Being a prepper, I am working toward melding the two together into something I call Permaprepper, or Permaprepping.  I think of the whole thing as a new way of living a hunter/gatherer lifestyle in todays techno-savvy world.

As I’ve said before, if you aint preparing for hard times yet, you best get moving, because they’re here for many of us, and are bearing down on the rest at a rapid pace.

Enjoy the link...

How to Build a Permaculture Vegetable Garden

Ciao,

Panchito

No comments:

Post a Comment